Now Interviewing for Accounting Office Controller Position
Lu Engineers, a multi-disciplined engineering firm headquartered in downtown Rochester, NY with additional offices in Buffalo, Syracuse, Binghamton, Albany and New York City. Lu Engineers is a minority owned Equal Opportunity Employer, and minorities and females are encouraged to apply. To learn more about Lu, we invite you to visit our website, www.luengineers.com
General Description of Responsibilities: The controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records ensuring the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and cash management. A brief summary of responsibilities includes, but is not limited to the following:
- oversee the accounting operations, including transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures
- setup new project and employees, enter vendor invoices (AP) and process weekly check run, process biweekly payroll and related journal entries
- monthly billing process, revenue reporting, bank reconciliation, credit card reconciliation, vacation balance reconciliation, company vehicles mileage log, perform monthly closing process
- assist financial manager with annual budget and quarterly financial performance analysis, year-end journal entries, year-end accounting system closing and financial reporting
- assist corporate CPA with annual CONR 385 audit and financial reporting compliance, assist NYSDOT with project audits, assist with annual professional liability insurance audit
Qualifications/Requirements: BS or higher-level degree in Accounting (MS preferred), 2-4 years relevant professional experience preferred, but recent graduates are encouraged to apply, familiarity with Deltek accounting software preferred, but Deltek software training will be provided as needed, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter and resume including Accounting Controller in the subject line to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation / Benefits: compensation is negotiable dependent on education and experience qualifications. The company has a robust benefits package including paid time off, health and dental insurance and 401K. The details of the company benefits will be provided with a job offer.