Now Interviewing for Bridge Inspection Team Leaders!
Lu Engineers provides transportation, civil and environmental engineering services to state and federal clients, along with many municipalities across New York. Our clients include the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) and New York State Thruway Authority (NYSTA).
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to join our Bridge Inspection Department as Team Leaders for routine condition inspection of bridges for NYSDOT in Regions 3, 5, 7 and 8 and for NYSTA in the Buffalo and Syracuse Divisions.
Responsibilities of the positions:
- Conduct condition inspection of bridges in conformance with all NYSDOT/NYSTA policies and guidance
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Prepare inspection reports that are clear and concise
- Accurately and efficiently enter inspection information into NYSDOT’s EAM bridge inspection database system
- Competently schedule inspection teams and coordinate contractors supporting the inspection effort, such as special access equipment, WZTC, RR flagmen, etc.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in high traffic environments and around heavy equipment
- BS degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Engineering
- Minimum of seven, preferably 10, years of experience in the field with a minimum of three years Bridge experience: design, construction, inspection
- New York State PE registration or the ability to acquire same in three months or less
- Previous approval by NYSDOT, NYSTA or other agency as an Inspection Team Leader, or meet the NBIS standards to qualify as a Team Leader
- NYSDOT and/or NHI training in safety inspection of in-service bridges
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to fulfill the physical demands of the job: carrying, erecting and climbing ladders: working at heights from ladders and lift vehicles
- Experience with NYSDOT EAM software a plus
- Prior experience as a Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader desirable
- High level of situational awareness with a strong motivation to maintain a safe work environment at all times
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume in confidence by clicking here: Submit Your Cover Letter and Resume Here.
Lu Engineers is a NYS certified Minority-Owned and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.